Creating a website is now easier than ever before – all thanks to smart Content Management Systems (CMS) we have today. A right CMS allows you to enjoy functionality that can ease up the whole process substantially. Presently, there are many content management systems to choose from, but each comes with its own set of pros and cons.
No wonder, WordPress is perhaps the most used CMS globally. Being the world’s most popular website platform, it powers 40% of the entire internet!
Here, we have put together 12 most important reasons why you should choose WordPress in 2022.
1. It is an Open-Source Software: The term open-source software means two things:
- You can use it for free for all kinds of projects, be it commercial or something else.
- You can customise it the way you like. With WordPress, you can change just about any facet of the CMS.
Owing to the fact that WordPress is open-source software, it has a colossal community of programmers, who create new tools for it.
2. WordPress Is the World’s Most Popular CMS: There are countless websites out there, and presently, WordPress powers nearly 40% of them. Each day, more than 500 new WordPress websites go live, and the numbers are constantly increasing. Owing to such a huge user base, a WordPress user can have the peace of mind that developers will continue developing it in the years to come. This means, users will get constant updates that will make their site more functional and secure. Moreover, there is a massive community of developers that work within the ecosystem of WordPress. For instance, there are over 55,000 plugins and thousands of themes that allow you to stay on top of your website’s functionality and style.
3. WordPress Can Be Used for All Kinds of Projects: WordPress is largely regarded as a blogging platform. While that is not completely wrong, it has been developed to be used for all types of projects – to create virtual classrooms, grow your business, run social platforms, build forums or power nearly any other kind of project one can think of. If you are a small business owner, you can establish an e-store using WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin. If you are up for some manual work, you can make use of the WordPress REST API to feed details on other platforms – which means, WordPress can be used to support mobile applications and other similar projects.
4. It Is Simple to Learn How to Use WordPress: WordPress is quite easy to understand, even when you have not managed a CMS or created a website earlier. Newbies can easily choose a theme, install a plugin or two (if required), and then straight away start building web pages and other types of content. With WordPress, the best thing is that you will never be short of ways to customise the platform. Once you get the knack of it, you may start integrating more advanced features to have complete control over your site’s look and feel. For seasoned web developers too, this CMS has a lot to offer.
Also Read: Mobile app development services
5. There’s a Massive, Amiable WordPress Community: There’s a growing community of people who use WordPress, including developers too. Plus, there are global events you can sign up for, in order to connect with other WordPress users, and even learn from some of the most experienced professionals in this area. Similarly, there exist hundreds and thousands of online forums and communities, focusing solely on WordPress. So, if you ever experience issues regarding any facet of WordPress, you will have a lot of experts you can turn to for satisfactory solutions.
6. WordPress Lets You Scale Your Site: Scaling is one of the most crucial aspects of operating a website. The more content you post and the more traffic your website gets, the larger the burden on the CMS you use. Besides web hosting, the CMS also has a pivotal role in scaling up your website and making it faster. For instance, WordPress powers some of the most reputable websites on the internet, which means scaling your website will never lead to any problems.
7. WordPress Plugins and Themes Facilitate Full Control over Your Site: Let’s first understand what plugins and themes are:
- Plugins: Also called add-ons or extensions, these are computer software that add new functionality and features to your site.
- Themes: These are templates that you can use on your site to modify its fundamental layout and/or design.
As mentioned earlier, there are thousands of plugins and themes – under both free and premium categories – available to WordPress users.
8. WordPress Websites Are Easy to Maintain: If you have not set up any website before, it is important for you to know that a website requires some maintenance work too. Talking specifically about WordPress, you have to take care of the following:
- Updating it as new versions become available
- Updating the plugins and themes installed whenever there is an option to do so
- Overseeing your website’s comments (if kept enabled)
- Making sure that your site is completely secure and optimised
- Backing up your site periodically
While none of the tasks above consumes much time, you can always rely on your WordPress website design company London for the same.
When you get your website created from a reputed WordPress development agency in London, your development partner will take care of the bulk of website maintenance for you. That means, you get more time to concentrate on growing your business, rather than worrying about whether or not your website is running smoothly.
9. You Can Optimise Your Website for Search Engines: Search engine optimisation (SEO) is all about ensuring that your website ranks higher on search engine result pages (SERP) and gets the expected amount of traffic. You can do many different things to boost the SEO of your website. Having said that, optimising your website content for SERP rankings can either be a cakewalk or a real struggle, depending on your choice of platform. When you have your website based on WordPress, you get access to a range of powerful SEO tools and plugins, including All-in-One SEO Pack, Yoast SEO, The SEO Framework, and so forth.
10. WordPress Websites Are Extremely Secure: No CMS or website is cent-percent secure. New cybersecurity threats constantly crop up, hence it is all-important to have a platform that is pretty serious about cyber safety. If you want to be stringent with respect to security, make sure your WordPress is always updated. This includes not just the CMS, but additional elements like plugins and themes as well. WordPress constantly rolls out security patches and new updates – so when you update your current version, you allow yourself to stay ahead of everyone else. Note that you can take many additional steps to secure your website even further, such as using strong passwords or two-factor authentication (2FA), but all such efforts will go in vain if your CMS is not inherently secure.
11. You Are the Owner of Your Website and Web Content: WordPress is primarily a “self-hosted” content management system. This allows its users to put their software on any server they prefer, in order to power their website. The obvious benefit of this feature is that you are not restricted to any single hosting platform. When you use a hosted platform, your service provider may suspend your account, quoting a variety of reasons. However, WordPress allows you to switch hosts at any time. You can also make any necessary changes to the CMS while enjoying the complete ownership of all your web content.
12. WordPress Is the Best Option for Blogging: The discussion would be incomplete if we will not highlight how great WordPress is for blogging. To be true, blogging is at the core of WordPress. In other words, it is downright easy to post content, manage the same, track comments, format text, etc. Despite being one of the oldest CMS, WordPress has successfully managed to evolve and keep pace with time. In 2019, the new Block editor was launched by its developers, which has dramatically revived the blogging and editing experience. The new editor allows you to have full control over your content pages as well as page layouts, eventually making your blogs visually stunning.
There are many advantages to choosing WordPress. As a 20-year-old, award-winning web development agency, our expertise in WordPress development is second to none. If you are recently looking to build a WordPress website, talk to one of our specialists at Alchemy Interactive, today!
You must be logged in to post a comment.